As a person who grows up in Asia, sometimes I feel a little bored about beef and chicken all the time in American dining. We eat more different varieties of meats in Asia, such as lamb and duck. Yes, duck! One of my favorite foods in the world in Peking Duck, which a dish from Beijing (Peking) that has been prepared since the imperial era. The meat is characterized by its thin, crisp skin and juicy duck meat.
This holiday, I really want to introduce you and my American family something new to eat. Well, it’s not that new at all, because duck is pretty common in some high-end restaurants here, but it is not popular like beef or chicken in our daily cooking. Now you have a chance to cook duck at home. Simply ordering the high quality duck products from Maple Leaf Farms and following tons of recipes on their website. And your whole family can enjoy a great duck meal!
It’s easy to put a different twist on traditional holiday favorites with duck. Duck breast is a red meat option that’s as lean as chicken breast, and duck fat adds delicious flavor and richness to any classic holiday dish. Maple Leaf Farms will offer a special sale on these products to the public beginning Black Friday and ending on Cyber Monday.
You don’t have to sacrifice flavor to make a healthy choice! And did you know that duck fat has similar health benefits to olive oil and other unsaturated fats? Despite its rich, succulent taste, a skinless duck breast has fewer calories and less fat than a similar portion of chicken, beef or pork. Surprised? Just compare it to other types of meat and see the difference!
Bacon-Wrapped Duck Breasts
Prep Time: 1 hr + overnight inactive
Cook Time: 10 min
Serving Size: 6 servings
- 6 Maple Leaf Farms Boneless Duck Breasts, thawed, skin removed
- 1 pkg Italian Salad Dressing Mix, prepared according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic, crushed
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 lb Pork Bacon
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Soak duck breasts in salt water for 30 minutes, dry with paper towels and place in a shallow pan. Combine dressing, Worcestershire, garlic and cloves and pour mixture over duck breasts. Place in refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Remove duck from marinade and wrap each breast in two or more slices of bacon.
- Place duck breasts on broiling pan and broil about 3 inches from heat for about 5 minutes each side, or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve and enjoy.
Asian Duck Pizza
Delicious, quick and easy duck pizza using pre-made flatbread.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 39 min
Serving Size: 6 servings
- 6- 7″ Prepared Flatbreads
- 12 oz Chinese BBQ Sauce or Plum Sauce
- 6 oz Bok Choy, sliced
- 6 oz Yellow Bell Peppers, sliced
- 6 oz Red Bell Peppers, sliced
- 6 oz Shiitake Mushroom Caps, sliced
- 1 Maple Leaf Farms All Natural Boneless Duck Breast*, cooked according to package directions
- Scallion Curls, for garnish
- Cut the cooked duck breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Spread 1 oz Chinese BBQ sauce or plum sauce on flat bread crust. Top with bok choy, yellow peppers, red peppers, mushrooms and duck.
- Drizzle rest of sauce over top. Garnish with scallion curls.
- Place on sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
*Note: Other Maple Leaf Farms products may be used for the duck meat: Ground Duck Meat, Roast Half Duck, Rotisserie Roast Half, Duck Breasts or Pulled Duck Meat.
Polynesian Duck Kabobs
Great as an appetizer or a main meal, these kabobs are coated in a sweet, tangy sauce made with pineapple preserves and Dijon mustard.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 11 min
Serving Size: 8 servings
- 6- 7.5 oz. Maple Leaf Farms All Natural Boneless Duck Breast*, skin removed, thawed if frozen
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Ripe Fresh Pineapple, peeled, cored
- 2 large Red or Yellow Bell Peppers, or one of each
- 2 large Green Bell Peppers
- 2 small Red Onions
- 2/3 cup Pineapple Preserves
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill. Remove skin from duck breasts. Cut duck breast into 2-inch chunks; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cut pineapple into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Cut bell peppers into 1 1/2-inch chunks, discarding stems and seeds. Cut onions through the core into 1/2-inch thick wedges. Alternately thread duck, pineapple, bell peppers and onions onto large metal skewers.
- Combine preserves and mustard; mix well. Arrange duck kabobs on grill over medium coals. Brush half of preserve mixture over kabobs. Grill covered 5 minutes. Turn; brush remaining half of preserve mixture over kabobs. Continue grilling covered 5-6 minutes or until duck is barely pink in center and peppers are crisp-tender.
*Or use convenient Duck Breast Meat Trim that comes in boneless, skinless pieces.
Maple Leaf Farms Skinless Duck breast is the perfect option for those looking for a healthy option and an easier prep method. Without the skin, Duck Breast is less calories and fat than chicken breast. Simply pan fry or bake as you would a chicken breast. No skin preparation required! (4) portions of our all natural 7 oz skinless duck breasts are tumble marinated and vacuum packed for quality performance.
This product contains (4) duck breasts in 1 vacuum sealed package.
- All Natural Skinless Boneless Duck Breast
- No artificial ingredients, minimally processed
- 4 portions – 1 duck breast lobe, appx. 7 oz each
- Clear vacuum skin package gives full view of product
- Gluten free. (Product ingredients are gluten free, however, there is gluten in the facility. We do not test the finished product for traces of gluten.)
- Ready to cook
- Weight of Portions: Approximately 7 oz. Each
- Total Weight of Item: Approximately 28 oz.
- Ingredients: Skinless Boneless Duck Breast, Water, Sea Salt
- Shelf Life: 2 Years Frozen
Maple Leaf Farms duck is raised & cared for in a free to roam environment on small family duck farms throughout Northern Indiana. Maple Leaf Farms prioritizes their duck well-being with their Trident Stewardship program.
This skin-on boneless duck breast is definitely my family’s new favorite! As a person who eats duck growing up, I need to have the skin on to taste more flavorful. Maple Leaf Farms premium, All Natural Boneless Duck Breast has the rich flavor of red meat, but is as lean as chicken! Lightly marinated to ensure the best cooking experience possible and allows for limitless creativity. Duck breast is the perfect product to create a gorgeous, upscale or casual entrée. Surprise your guests and serve on salads, sandwiches, pasta, pizza, and much more! For this delicious dinner, my husband just put some Szechuan peppercorn and salt on the skin side of the duck breasts before cooking. And then he used the cast iron pan to cook double sides until it’s fully cooked. Making sure to cook the skin side first to make it crispy. So easy and so delicious for a duck dinner!
- 7.5 oz per lobe
- Available: fresh or frozen
- Shelf life: 14 days refrigeration / 2 years frozen
- Minimally processed – no artificial ingredients added
- Gluten free (However, there is gluten in the facility)
- No hormones added
- No antibiotics administered for growth
Boneless duck breast, water, sea salt
Add some flavor to anything you can imagine in the kitchen with Maple Leaf Farms All Natural 100% Pure Rendered Duck Fat! Perfect for sautéing, baking or frying, Maple Leaf Farms All Natural Duck Fat brings unique flavor and texture to any dish. Fry up some duck fat French fries or melt for roasting veggies in. Even make duck fat popcorn! Duck fat is one of the healthiest animal fats in the world – it is very similar in nutrition to olive oil. High in vitamin E and 40% lower in saturated fats than other meat and poultry fats, duck fat is a great healthy alternative and will add incredible flavor to any dish!
- per tub portion
- Ready to cook
- 100% All Natural Pure Duck Fat
- Frozen if purchased online
- Cooking Directions: Use fat to roast, fry or pan sear your favorite dish. Heat to at least 165 degrees F.
- Weight of Portions: (3) 6 oz. tubs per case
- Total Weight of Item: 1.12 lbs.
- Allergens: none
Sesame Carrots Roasted in Duck Fat
Prep Time: 17 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Serving Size: 12 servings
- 3 Tbsp. Duck Fat
- 3 lbs. Thin Carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Chinese Five-spice Powder
- 4 tsp. Minced Fresh Ginger
- 4 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In oven-proof saute pan, melt duck fat. Add carrots, sugar, salt, pepper and five-spice powder; mix. Place in oven. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 45 minutes, carrots should be soft and lightly browned. Stir in ginger; cook for 10 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and sesame seeds; cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste and serve.
About Maple Leaf Farms
For more than 60 years, Maple Leaf Farms has produced safe, high-quality foods in a thoughtful and responsible manner. Through the years, they have preserved the ideas they were founded upon: contribution to local communities, responsibility for the environment, respect for others and insistence on high quality. Today, Maple Leaf Farms fourth generation family-owned company leads the market with innovative, value-added duck products of superior quality. Here you can check out the Company Information and more Recipe Ideas: http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/duck-recipes