Unlike many restrictive diets, the keto diet includes a lot of keto-friendly foods other diets wouldn’t allow. Health magazine has a pretty extensive shopping list, which includes:
- Meat, poultry, and eggs – chicken, turkey, beef, venison, pork, and lamb
- Seafood – wild salmon, sardines, mackerel, shrimp, crab, tuna, mussels, and cod
- Low-sugar fruits – tomatoes, avocados, most berries, coconut, lemons, and limes
- Low-carb vegetables – spinach, arugula, eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, bell peppers, cabbage, celery, and more.
- Nuts and seeds – Macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, flaxseed, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds
- Dairy products – cheese, cream, butter, plain Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese
- Oils – extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, nut oils, coconut butter and MCT oil
Happily, avoiding sugar doesn’t mean you have to give up all your favorite desserts and homemade meals. SweetLeaf Stevia Sweeteners are a keto-friendly sweetener for foods, beverages, and recipes. The SweetLeaf Conversion Chart is a good place to learn how to make the change from sugar to SweetLeaf, as is the interactive SweetLeaf Conversion Calculator, which automatically converts all recipe amounts for you.
There are many dessert recipes specifically created for keto diets and they will satisfy any craving for sugar. Try this Keto Chocolate Smoothie or Keto One-Minute Fudge Cookie and you’ll see that being on the keto diet doesn’t mean sacrificing the things you love.
KETO CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
- 1 can coconut milk, full-fat
- ¼ cup egg white protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds, ground
- ½ tsp. SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Vanilla Crème Sweet Drops®
- ⅓ cup 85% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
- 2-3 cups ice
In a blender, combine coconut milk, protein powder, chia seeds, and Vanilla Crème Sweet Drops. Blend in chocolate until smooth. Blend in ice cubes until mixture is well combined.
ONE MINUTE FUDGE COOKIE (LOW CARB AND KETO)
- 1/2 tsp. SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Chocolate Sweet Drops®
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tsp. instant espresso
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp. or pinch of salt
- 5 oz. sugar-free chocolate bar, chopped
Put butter in a microwavable bowl or ramekin. Cook 30 seconds to melt.
Stir in the cocoa, almond flour, espresso, salt, and stevia. Combine well. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed. Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Microwave 1 minute. Allow to cool a few minutes and enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe ramekin or bowl.
Melt butter. Stir in the cocoa, almond flour, espresso, salt, and stevia. Combine well. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed. Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly then enjoy!
These are what I did with SweetLeaf’s Monk fruit Sweetener.
SweetLeaf® Organic Monk Fruit powder is a gluten-free, better-for-you sweetener with zero sugars, zero calories, and a non-glycemic response. Use it in anything that calls for sugar—foods, beverages, or recipes—for delicious taste.
Chocolate Lava Cake
Carrot Birthday Cake
New York Cheese Cake
SweetLeaf® Stevia is an award-winning sweetener with zero calories, no sugars, zero carbs, a non-glycemic response, and no artificial sweeteners. It is a non-GMO and kosher sugar alternative. SweetLeaf® Stevia has endless uses when you want to add flavor and sweetness to any food or beverage. The makers of the SweetLeaf® brand, Wisdom Natural Brands®, have developed more consumer stevia products than any other company in the world. Today, SweetLeaf® is No. 1 in market share in natural and health food stores, and No. 2 in grocery in the U.S. SweetLeaf is sold in more than 30 countries.
SweetLeaf® was the first stevia sweetener to receive Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). From its beginning in 1982, SweetLeaf® Stevia Sweetener made consumer well-being its number one priority.