Fall brings us a feeling of the holiday season. I know the weather is still not like close to winter at all, especially here in California. But I look forward to holidays all the time, who doesn’t love holiday treats and meals? If let me pick which food I want the most, it is pie! It’s never too early to bake a pie, right? Let’s just do it. Maybe not a pumpkin pie yet, but a healthy vegan chocolate cream pie with Mary’s REAL Thin Sea Salt Crackers.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
- 1 box REAL Thin Crackers, Sea Salt
- ½ c. melted coconut oil (or butter if not vegan)
- ¼ c. coconut sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- Optional: ½ cup shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 12 ounces silken tofu (firm or extra firm)
- 1 1/2 c. vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (or milk of your choice)
- ½ c. coconut sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or powder or paste or fresh)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can chilled coconut cream (or coconut whipped topping)
- Shaved dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 (370 for high elevation)
- Crush the crackers in a plastic bag, tapping with a rolling pin or mallet until course meal.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl and add the sugar and optional coconut, stirring to combine
- Pour the melted oil over the mix and stir to combine
- Transfer to a 9” pie plate and press with hands to cover evenly. Use a glass or the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press the crust in there as best as you can
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust begins to brown.
Filling & Topping
- Melt the chocolate and allow to cool slightly
- Puree the tofu, coconut cream, sugar, vanilla and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth
- Pour into the cooled crust and allow the pie to chill for at least 2 hours
- Whip the chilled coconut cream in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form
- Spread on the top of the pie and sprinkle with chocolate shavings before serving.
Maybe you think of Mary’s Gone Crackers as the round, seedy type. It’s OK. But they can be a little edgy, too.
Mary’s REAL Thin Sea Salt Crackers may be the tastiest rectangle in the gluten free universe. While the shape is different,the taste is oh so familiar to wheat lovers. Using only real, whole food ingredients, skillfully baked, Mary’s proves you don’t need wheat to make toasty tasting crackers!
Thanks to whole, organic ingredients, your kids will never suspect that these savory toasted crackers are also good for them. This toasty, crunchy cracker delivers happy snacking to your day. There are tons of healthy recipes that you can use Mary’s Gone Crackers with, you can check at here!