These recipes are brought to you by the creators ofteetherpop®, a patented, freezable teether designed for children six months and older.
A good time to start feeding your baby purees is when he or she isaround 6-8months old. (Consult baby’s pediatrician when in doubt.) The first recipe, Easy Home Made Sweet Potato Purée, takes advantage of the health benefits of sweet potatoes, a rich source of fiber and loaded with an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, Vitamins B and C and beta-carotene.
Easy Home Made Sweet Potato Purée
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook: 20-30 min.
2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
Water* to cover
1. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan. Add water so sweet potatoes are covered. Bring water to a boil and cook until sweet potatoes are tender enough to smash easily with a fork.
2. Transfer sweet potatoes to a food processor or immersion blender cup. Add 3/4 cup of cooking water and finely blend.
3. Allow purée to cool. Puree can be served in teetherpop, if desired. Jar and refrigerate remaining purée.
*Breastmilk or formula can be used in place of cooking water.
The second recipe, Homemade Peas & Carrot Purée, uses the protein power of peas, a great source of protein and rich in fiber and Omega 3, and carrots another great source of beta-carotene.
Homemade Peas & Carrot Purée
Total Prep and Cook time: 15 min.
1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
Water/Breastmilk/Formula to thin
1. Steam peas and carrots in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until very soft.
2. Transfer peas and carrots to a food processor or immersion blender cup. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of water/breastmilk/formula and blend well.
3. Pass the purée through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pieces of skin.
4. Allow purée to cool and then serve (in teetherpop, if desired.) Jar and store remaining purée in the fridge.
teetherpop can be filled with the above purées, as well as homemade smoothies, freshly-juiced fruits and veggies, Mother’s milk, water, or baby’s favorite drink. When frozen, teetherpop offers soothing relief for teething babies and is a less messy substitute to traditional popsicles for toddlers. It is also a creative option for storing breastmilk.
Made in the U.S.A. of high-quality, medical grade, non-toxic silicone, teetherpop has small, flexible slits in a unique reservoir allow liquids to flow as baby teethes. teetherpop is free of BPA, PVC, latex and phthalate, so parents can be assured that what their children are putting in their mouths is safe. The product has recently been awarded The National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval and a Tillywig 2019 Toy Award for Parents’ Favorite Product.
teetherpop is made in Ashland, Ohio using U.S.-sourced and FDA-approved medical grade materials. Dishwasher safe and the teether reservoir does not retain odors or stains. Available in an array of five fun colors.