April is Stress Awareness Month — a perfect time to take stock of the aspects of life that bring stress and seek out ways to mitigate or eliminate them. I’m writing to suggest a story about one way to lower the proverbial blood pressure that comes from getting a healthy meal on the table.
Gone are the days when an evening or mid-day meal was a moment of calm in a busy day. Between work, commuting, soccer practice, and the allure of all our electronic devices, making lunch or dinner can be a stress builder, not a reliever.
Three Bridges [www.threebridges.com/] — the fresh food brand reimagining meal time with better ingredients — knows that busy schedules can make it difficult to get a healthful meal on the table. Which is why they have created filling, healthful meals that can be prepared in minutes. No more greasy fast food or boring leftovers.
Here are a few ways Three Bridges can take the stress out of meal time:
>> REAL INGREDIENTS FRESHLY PREPARED
The last thing one should worry about is whether their dinner has healthy ingredients. All of Three Bridges’ meals are made simply, with familiar ingredients free from preservatives and artificial flavors because there’s no reason to sacrifice quality for convenience.
>> THERE’S SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE, EVEN PICKY EATERS
When it comes to pleasing picky eaters, it is important to have many options at your fingertips. With dozens of products to choose from and even more amazing recipes Three Bridge’s offers plenty of options to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
>> SIDES, MAINS, DESSERTS, THERE’S A RECIPE FOR EVERYTHING
Whether you’re looking for a cool and refreshing tortellini melon salad or a sweet butternut ravioli beignets’ Three Bridges’ versatile line of healthful offerings can be turned into any type of dish required.
EGG BITES: Putting FAST Back in Breakfast.
We looked at breakfast and noticed something interesting. Despite being considered the “most important meal of the day,” we either skipped this meal entirely or we’re wading through an endless sea of high-sugar or high-carb substitutes.
We decided to change breakfast forever. No more: “I didn’t have time this morning for breakfast,” or “It takes too long in the morning to make breakfast,” or “I’ll be fine with just coffee this morning.”
Ready in 60 seconds, packed with protein, low in sugar and portable, EGG BITES are here to make mornings easier…because breakfast shouldn’t be the hardest part of your day. They’re the simple, honest, better breakfast solution.
Simple Dishes: Real food fast, not fast food for lunch.
Lunch is meant to be spent relaxing. You shouldn’t be rushing out to get food and then rush back to only have 5 minutes to eat! What if there was a lunch option that allowed you to spend your valuable time enjoying lunch to the fullest, instead of wondering where the time went.
Three Bridges’ Simple Dishes are here to be your quick and healthful lunch option. Ready in under 5 minutes, packed with protein, and made without all that bad stuff (low in salt & sugar, made with hormone-free cheeses and antibiotic-free meats), Simple Dishes give you back your lunch!
The Tasty Way to get MORE Protein into your Day at dinner!
Our ravioli, tortellini, & sauces make dinner simply better, any night of the week!
Using better ingredients – like rBST-Free dairy, antibiotic free meats, and nothing artificial–Three Bridges brings you High protein in every delicious bite.
|2 9oz-pkgs||Three Bridges Spinach & Cheese Tortellini|
|1/2 cup||celery, chopped|
|1 small||onion, chopped|
|1 lb||sausage, ground|
|1 tsp||sage, ground|
|2 tbs||butter, unsalted|
|1/2 cup||stock (can use apple juice to make sweet)|
|1/2 tsp||salt & pepper|
|1 tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped fine|
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saute pan, combine the onion, celery, apple, sausage, butter, and sage. Cook until sausage is cooked-through, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully add sauteed ingredients to a 9×9″ casserole dish. Add Spinach & Cheese Tortellini, chicken broth, and salt & pepper, then gently combine. Top casserole with breadcrumbs and add to oven.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and internal temperature is 165°F. Let sit for 5minutes, then Serve & Enjoy!
Superfood Pesto Cauliflower Pizza
A simple make at home pizza using Three Bridges Superfood Pesto, cauliflower, Parmesan, Mozzarella, and Ricotta cheeses for a nutritious and delicious meal.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME: 25 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN | YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
|7 oz tub||Three Bridges Superfood Pesto Sauce|
|15 to 16 oz pkg||fresh pizza dough|
|1 medium||cauliflower, florets, about 1 inch in diameter|
|1/4 cup||extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp||garlic, sliced|
|4 oz||parmesan cheese|
|8 oz||fresh mozzarella, sliced|
|1/4 cup||ricotta cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large saute pan or a roasting pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Place the saute/roasting pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Let cool to room temp.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a few times and form it into a round flat disc. Roll or stretch the dough out into a thin 15-inch circle. Keep the dough moving on the surface so that it does not stick, dusting the dough and surface with semolina flour or cornmeal as needed. Place on a baking tray or peel if you have a pizza stone for the oven.
- Lightly brush a one inch border with extra virgin olive oil around the pizza.
- Spread 4 ounces of the Three Bridges Superfood Pesto around the rest of the pizza and then evenly distribute the cauliflower florets, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has slightly browned. Remove from the oven to a cutting board and add fresh cracked pepper. Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Lobster Ravioli with Citrus Chardonnay Sauce
PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME: 15 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN | YIELDS: 2 SERVINGS
|1-9 oz pkg||Three Bridges Lobster Ravioli|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tbsp||shallots, minced|
|1/2 cup||chardonnay wine|
|1/2 cup||heavy cream|
|1 stick or 8oz||butter, cubed|
|1 tbsp||fresh herb of choice|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup||grated parmesan cheese (optional)|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Three Bridges Lobster Ravioli, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until desired tenderness. Strain, toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cover and keep warm.
- While water is boiling, combine the shallots, lemon juice, and chardonnay wine in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add the heavy cream and continue to simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove the simmering cream from the heat and immediately whisk in the butter cube until fully incorporated. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Spoon citrus chardonnay sauce onto a plate, put 5 ravioli onto the top of the sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional).
- Garnish with fresh herb of choice. Serve and enjoy!