When you compare Led Pendant Lights with fluorescent lights you will know why people all over the world are switching over to the usage of it over the other. There are reasons one too many that makes LED bulb better. One significant reason is that fluorescent bulbs contain mercury and use around 8 watts of energy per foot. Moreover, these bulbs are made from glass aiming it fragile and delicate to handle. On the other hand, the LED bulbs do not have mercury, they are more energy efficient, use as low as 2 to 4 watts of energy per foot and since these are rubberized, it makes them sustainable and durable along with rock, hail and vandal proof.
The Statistical Figures
If you consider the statistics of LED lights then also you will see that these are by far better than the fluorescent bulbs. These can be enumerated as follows:
- Energy efficiency – The energy output of one LED light is equal to three fluorescent bulbs.
- Long life – Only 70% of their original power is used for a life of 50,000 hours.
- Heat – The Led Pendant Lights are cool to touch as it generates much less heat.
- UV factor – These lights do not attract bugs and insects as these are no UV lights.
- More Lumen – It will give you more than 20 million lumens over its entire lifespan.
The Inherent Benefits
There are lots of benefits when you use Led Pendant Lights listed as under:
- Cool environment – As these lights generate less heat you will have a cool inside reducing the workload on your air conditioner.
- Easy on your eyes – The Color Rendering Index or CRI of these lights are so designed that it does not have that glaring effect on your eyes.
- No frequent replacements required – These lights save you money, as well as the pain of replacing bulbs frequently located at high spots as these, are 25 times long-lasting than incandescent lights and 2.5 times more durable than CFLs, according to US Department of Energy.
- Versatile and dynamic – These lights are more versatile and dynamic due to their rugged construction and wide range of sizes and shapes.
- Safe for the earth – According to the Environment Protection Agency or EPA, these lights are safe for the earth as these do not contain any toxic material or mercury.
Things To Look For
There are few factors to look for when you buy Led Pendant Lights and out of these, the quality of light and temperature is most significant.
CRI or Color Rendering Index is the measuring parameter of the quality of light. This shows how well it replicates color to the human eyes as compared with daylight. Natural daylight is supposed to have the highest CRI rating but for any artificial light sources, the standard requirement for residential use is around 80 CRI.
CCT or Correlated Color Temperature is another factor that determines the quality and functionality of the lights. It is measured in Kelvin and refers to the coolness or warmness the light produces. LED bulbs are usually listed at 3000K but do not heat up to 5000°F.