I recently celebrated my 4-year wedding anniversary and I learned so much in this time. There are no ‘guides’ on how to be a wife these days but there are certainly tips I’ll be happy to share with you, along with our friends from Dryel. So before I was married, I only did laundry for myself and my dog Jacob. It was so easy to just throw everything in together to wash, then everything into the dryer to dry. Once I got married, I learned about laundry from my husband. With his background in fashion, great taste in clothes and a conscious budget, he taught be how to stop ‘ruining’ his stuff.
For example, here are some laundry rules I never knew before:
- Wash towels on their own to prevent fuzzies on your clothes
- Wash whites separately in warm
- Wash darks separately in cold
- Red clothes will almost always bleed in color and make white/light items pink!
- Zip everything up before you wash it, and tie any drawstrings
- Some clothes are dry clean only
- Some clothes are hang dry only
Now that I have the basics, I have upgraded to laundry innovators and new technologies! I was so lucky to work with Dryel last year and will continue to work with them on testing out their range of products. If you are a laundry newbie or a modern wifey like me, take note! While we lived in New York, there were dry cleaners on every corner but now that we are in Vegas, you have to drive everywhere to even see another person. Suburban life is part of growing up and as we prepare to have a family, efficiency, convenience are of the utmost importance.
Getting into my 30’s now, I want to buy some nice quality clothes and take good care of them too! I am a huge fan of fast fashion brands but once in blue moon, I will purchase something that needs me to take good care it. In comes Dryel, the at-home dry cleaning and laundry solution. Dryel cleans 10 garments for the cost of one dry cleaned garment, and it works great on ALL YOUR CLOTHES everything from sweaters to blouses, blazers, dresses and trousers. The heat of your dryer activates the Dryel ULTRAcleaning cloth to release cleaning agent and steam that penetrate the clothing fibers. These vapors remove body soil and odors from your clothes that are then vented out of your dryer. Your clothes are left with a breezy clean scent. Dryel uses biodegradable cleaning agents and no harsh chemicals.
I started getting back into styling again and the handy on the go pen has been a lifesaver! This works even on dry clean only garments too!
- Dryel On the Go Stain Pen helps remove fresh stains instantly
- It’s even safe on dry clean only clothes, delicates and hand washables such as wools, silks, rayons, linens, cottons and other special care fabrics
- While squeezing pen, use scrubber like an eraser to eliminate stain and blot if needed
- Ultra compact, it meets TSA 3-1-1 carry-on liquid requirements