This March, whether you’re making a Mother’s Day Breakfast in Bed or basting an Easter Ham, the month marks the unofficial start of warm weather brunch season. That being said, as much as we love sipping on mimosas, cooking up the perfect brunch can be somewhat of a hassle. Not to worry… with IMUSA’s mouth-watering recipe for Mini Ranchero Eggs, your brunch menu will be one less thing to worry about. Combining jalapeno, cumin and paprika, your brunch and taste buds will get the kick they need!
IMUSA’s Mini Ranchero Eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion
- ½ green pepper
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground paper
- 8 large eggs
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Cilantro for garnish
- Make salsa by softening onions, green peppers, and jalapeño peppers in a medium saucepan on medium heat, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add drained tomatoes, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper and allow to simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray some non-stick spray on both sides of a tortilla and place it on your IMUSA EGG PAN on medium-low heat.
- Cook the first side of the tortilla for about 3 minutes, flip, and carefully add two eggs on top of the tortilla.
- Place two heaping tablespoons of salsa between the two eggs, cover your IMUSA EGG PAN and bring heat to low.
- Allow eggs to cook between 3-4 minutes, remove from heat and serve on a plate with chopped cilantro.