For those of us that have a sweet tooth, children enrolled in math class or just love a good reason to celebrate,National Pi Day is Monday, March 14th! This day in history celebrates the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter, 3.14 – but what better way to celebrate an ironic-named holiday than to share in a yummy pie recipe, too!
As you’re working on upcoming recipe/food stories, I wanted to pass along a delicious (and healthy!) pie recipe from the kitchen of Viki Sater, founder of Viki’s Granola. Viki is a huge proponent of finding ways to make natural ingredients into delicious and mouthwatering dishes, and the below berry pie recipe is a PERFECT way to ring in Pi Day –or any day for that matter!
Viki’s Granola Mixed Berry Crisp
• ¾ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
• 1 cup Viki’s blueberry almond granola
• 1 stick unsalted butter
• 4 cups frozen mixed berries (don’t thaw)
• 1/3 cup of sugar
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• Preheat oven to 375oF.
• Lightly butter oven safe ceramic bowl.
• Place topping ingredients into a bowl, working the butter into the granola mixture. Once complete, set aside.
• Place filling ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
• Pour the berry mixture into the buttered ceramic bowl.
• Pour granola mixture evenly on top of the berries.
• Bake for 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit juices are bubbling.
• Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.