The summer months can cause havoc on our skin. A combination of sun, sweat, dirt and grime from the outdoors causes clogged pores, acne flare ups, blemishes, spots and plethora of uglies to pop up (sorry, haha!) on our skin surface, girls and guys alike. Thankfully, your skin care regimen doesn’t have to be so extensive.
Miracle Skin Transformer: Acne Control by Sarah McNamara is a skin-perfecting tinted skin enhancer that creates a flawless finish as it moisturizes and treats acne prone skin, while fighting future breakouts. It boasts that is it long wearing and provides a natural coverage that conceals imperfections instantly while helping to diminish the appearance of blemishes, pores, acne scars, and uneven skin tone for a smooth, matte, flawless finish.
After trying the MST Acne Control in Medium myself, I have to say, it’s a definitely great product for those days you want a natural, clean look to your make up. The consistency reminds me of BB cream, but lighter and feels more like lotion.
Very hydrating, but definitely did NOT give me a “a smooth, matte, flawless finish“. I DID I get more a natural dewy look. Overall, would use again! Set this stuff with a mineral or translucent powder and you’re good to go!
Availability: site ($48)
Fellas, your skin care woes are on a different level. We know how much guys prefer a simple routine and thankfully, this just may be the product you’re looking for. After Shave by Karin Herzog is the only product formulated especially for men in the entire Karin Hezrog line. According to the makers, “This transformative cream helps to nourish and revive the skin while fighting puffiness, uneven skin tone and blemishes. Fragranced with subtle citrus oils, the After Shave leaves the skin feeling soft, clean and energized in minutes, giving an immediate lifting effect while reducing visible signs of fatigue”.
Being of the female gender, I myself did not try this product. I did however get my fiance, Eddie, to try it! For reference, he has sensitive skin and is prone to breakouts and blemishes. To make the whole trial easier I asked him to try the After Shave by KH in place of his normal formula and then asked him a series of questions, which he answered very bluntly.
1. Did you find it refreshing and “breezy” on your skin? It says that the product has a mild antiseptic to help heal razor bumps and nicks.
2. It also contains hydrogen peroxide which should leave a cooling sensation. Did you feel any of that?
3. Did you find that your facial hairs were lighter in anyway? (Due to the hydrogen peroxide)
4. Did your skin feel dry after use? Or did it feel more hydrated?
5. Would you use this regularly?
1. Skin felt fresh and clean.
2. Slight cooling sensation, very mild.
3. Facial hairs were the same.
4. Skin wasn’t dry, but still needed to follow up with moisturizer.
5. Would use again.
These two miracle workers will help heal your summer skin woes.
Give ’em a try!