As Fashion Week gears up in New York City, it’s time to get dressed up and watch your favorite models strut their stuff on the runway. If you’re looking for a place to stay during the star-studded event, head to the Boom Boom Room at The Standard hotel to rub shoulders with Victoria Secret Angels or run into Heidi Klum at the Empire Hotel.
Booking.com (the #1 accommodations website) has scoured their database of over 593,000 accommodations around the world and 750 properties in the city that never sleeps to find the best hotels for a fashion forward stay during Fashion Week.
This Upper West Side hotel is right across the street from the tents at Lincoln Center and top models and celebrities including Heidi Klum, Nicole Ritchie, Lauren Conrad and Bella Thorne have been spotted at this modern classic.
· Take a trip to the 12th floor for a drink at the intimate rooftop bar and lounge with great views of Lincoln Center that is sure to be filled with fashionistas, models and celebrities alike
· Sleep in style in modern rooms equipped with an iPod docking station, a full minibar and a glass-enclosed shower with a rain shower head in the bathroom
· In between shows, take in other nearby sights including Museum of Arts and Design, Times Square and the Theatre District
This designer hotel is a fan favorite during fashion week, with designer parties at the iconic Boom Boom Room and the popular rooftop bar Le Bain has been named the “#1 place for Fashion Week nightlife” in the past.
· Ride up to your room in the elevator made famous by Jay-Z and Solange Knowles post-Met Gala brawl
· Visit the Standard Grill, Biergarten or the Living Room Lounge for live entertainment, cocktails and a great bite to eat
· End your nights with breathtaking views of the New York skyline and the Hudson River courtesy of the floor-to-ceiling windows
If you care more about the clothes than the models, The Mercer is the hotel for you, as it’s the choice for top designers including Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein.
· Work out and relax like a model with the hotel’s private exercise trainers, massage therapists and yoga classes
· Dine like a celebrity at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s popular hotspot Mercer Kitchen
· Take a few moments to escape from the bustle of the week and read a book in the lobby’s large book and magazine library
Gramercy Park Hotel
For those interested in more than just fashion, a stay at a former favorite of Humphrey Bogart, President John. F Kennedy and the Rolling Stones will please the artistic types.
· Check out the ever-changing selection of artwork that adorn the walls from some of New York City’s masters including Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Keith Haring
· Spot your favorite celebrities such as Ed Westwick and Mary-Kate Olsen at the hotel’s exclusive Rose Bar for specialty cocktails and live music
· Relax and enjoy the scenery in the serene Gramercy Park or take a nice walk to the nearby Madison Square Park