This report uncovers how women are feeling about everything from personal/family finances to life goals and their top worries. This survey was conducted by SheSpeaks, the leading women’s influencer platform, and Lippe Taylor, a leading integrated marketing communications agency that specializes in motivating women to buy.
1. 2015 Is The Year of Health: There are a lot items women want to accomplish in 2015, and getting healthy (68%) remains a top priority, followed by moving to a new home or remodeling a current one (42%) and making a positive impact on their community (36%).
2. Women’s Biggest Woes: Between family, friends and work, women juggle a lot, which means there’s a lot weighing on their mind. In 2015, health care (29%) continues to be a top concern among women, followed by worries over racial tension (20%) and job security (15%).
3. Going for the Green: 89% of women think their financial situation will stay the same or get better
4. Optimism in the New Year: 64% of women say they’re optimistic about the New Year
5. Tough it Out: 10% predict 2015 will be a tough year
6. Fit Bod: 27% women would rather lose weight than have an extra vacation (20%), a raise (12%) or an extra hour a day (7%)
7. Moving to Mobile: As we learned this year with lower-than-projected sales on Black Friday, shopping on-the-go is quickly catching up with, if not overtaking traditional points of sale as consumers increasingly turn to mobile shopping to save time and money. 20% of women say they’ll make MORE purchases on their mobile phones in 2015, up 4% from 2014.
8. Fashion, Beauty and Music Take Priority: Among the top purchases they plan to make on their phone in the coming year, clothing (30%), beauty products (29%) and downloadable music (28%) were at the top of the list.
9. I See London; I see France: When it comes to disposable income, 28% of women surveyed would spend it on travel
10. Maintaining the Balance: 64% of women are optimistic as they head into 2015, and to maintain that state of mind, they plan to spend time with family (73%) and do little things for themselves (72%). 50% just want more quiet/meditation time
*The SheSpeaks/Lippe Taylor survey was fielded online among 2,162 SheSpeaks members from December 12 – 16, 2014 and comprised of U.S. women aged 18 years and older.