Two of my favorite brands came together during NYC’s Fashion Week: Alice + Olivia and CATWALK by TIGI.
Stacey Bendet amazed us with her “preppy-meets-pretty” Spring 2014 Alice + Olivia collection that was inspired by the “American Girl.” It featured a true elegance, carefree spirit and of course, a romantic twist. I’m loving the pops of pastel and the sophisticated neutrals.
I’ll take one of each!
To get the look just right, CATWALK by TIGI global creative director Nick Irwin came up with a complementary hairstyle that captured the true essence of the Alice + Olivia girl: the simple chignon.
It’s an elegant look that adds a bit of edge to every outfit, and I’ve got the inside scoop on how you can achieve it at home with CATWALK by TIGI’s range of styling products:
- Starting with a base of straight, dry hair, begin flat ironing small sections using the CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
- Once hair is bone-straight, create a deep and defined side part over the left eyebrow and carefully brush hair into a low ponytail at the nape – being careful to smooth hair over (not behind!) the right ear. Secure with an elastic.
- Work CATWALK® by TIGI® Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse through the pony tail, applying heat with a blow dryer to eliminate fly always and provide hold
- After securing the bottom of the ponytail with another small elastic, gently twist the hair into a perfect chignon, tucking ends out of sight and securing with french pins
- Set the look with CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray
- Rock that look, honey!