Sprout Watches is doing something no watch company has ever done! They have created fun and fashionable accessories that are made of 80% bio degradable materials including: corn resin case & buckle, organic cotton strap, bamboo dial, mineral crystal lens and mercury free battery! They are based in NYC and have a huge range of eco-friendly watches that range from sporty, fun, cute to work friendly. They are for both green loving men and women.
Our friends at Sprout recently sent me the ST/5504GMGN watch below and I was blown away by the materials used to make it without sacrificing any fashionable style component! The conflict free diamonds add a bit of glitz to the organic cotton band. The corn resin watch and buckle are easy to close and sturdy. The mother of pearl face makes it oh-so-pretty!
- Large scale green mother-of-pearl face with silver-colored Arabic numerals and indexes; 8 have conflict-free diamond accents
- Silver-colored hands with sweep second hand
- Light green organic cotton strap with matching top-stitching
- Light green corn resin case, buckle and caseback; matching bezel
- Silver logo
- Mineral crystal lens
- Mercury-free battery
- Approx. band length: 240 mm
- Approx. band width: 20 mm
- Approx. case diameter: 44 mm
- Quartz movement
I love it and will be wearing it all week for Fashion Week to make sure I am on time 🙂
This watch retails for $60 and you can get it on http://www.sproutwatches.com