So you didn’t get invited to the TIFF opening gala
What better way to celebrate our hometown ﬁlm festival than by rolling out the red carpet at your own, ultra-exclusive, over-the-top fest-TIFF-ity.
Make the paparazzi upset they missed your soirée with these tips for an unforgettable event that everyone will be hoping tips for an unforgettable event that everyone will be hoping to attend.
Considered a “superfruit,” California strawberries not only pack flavour, but also a nutritious punch. Studies from around the world continue to demonstrate the positive effects that strawberries have on disease prevention, anti-aging and overall good health.
Red Carpet Romance
- Try to keep the night’s plans under-wraps. The surprise factor of the evening will immediately whisk them away into a film set setting!
- Try to recreate a scene from one of your first dates by renting the first flick you saw together
- Set the mood by keeping lights dimmed and candles lit for a more intimate feel
- Greet your guy or girl with a glass of champagne topped off with California strawberries – an understated elegance!
- Keep things comfy by having pillows, blankets or even an air bed on hand
- Keep the fare light and simple – opt for take-out if you’re pressed for time
Movie Marathon for 2 – It doesn’t have to be a special occasion to celebrate a night in with your partner, take these tips and up the wow factor for your significant other.
Strawberry and Brie Bruschetta
A classically romantic gesture, have fun feeding each other between flicks with this amazing twist on bruschetta recipe.
- 12 slices French bread, cut 2 cm. thick
- 1/4 (50 ml) cup butter, softened
- 1/4 (50 mL) cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 small brie cut into 6 wheels
- 2 cups (500 mL) of sliced stemmed California strawberries
- 1/2 cup (25 mL) sliced almonds, toasted
Heat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; arrange, butter side up, on large baking sheet. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon (5 mL) over each slice of bread. Reserve remaining sugar mixture. Toast bread in oven. Remove from oven. Top each with 1 wedge of cheese; return to oven. Bake until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine strawberries and remaining sugar mixture; toss lightly. Spoon strawberry mixture over each toasted slice; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
*HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected*