for the cute, clever and connected
Halloween is all about fun, colors and spookiness! You don’t have to wait until Oct 31 to celebrate this candy-fest. Get into the spirit in an easy way everyday with these items.
1. Earrings and Necklace set from Chamilia by Swarovski Group
“I Love You To Death” skull bead ($45) and earrings ($40) for Fall 2014. Both items are made in .925 sterling silver with Swarovski crystal accents.
2. Halloween Tote from Redbubble ($18)
The leaves on the trees are changing colors, the days are getting shorter and the occasional broomstick can be seen whisking its way through the nighttime sky- Halloween will be here before you know it! This Halloween get in the haunting spirit with ghoulishly good artwork from Redbubble. An online marketplace with over 400,000 independent artists, Redbubble offers millions of design choices on products such as throw pillows, iPhone and tote bags, which make for the perfect trick or treat bag.
Print these cartoon eyes onto card stock. Cut out; stick to round lenses with double-sided tape. Complete the look with a blue wig and lipstick, and a furry stole.
Winter is the most perfect time of year. Everyone is wrapping up in stylish knits and oversized scarves. Christmas is just around the corner. The weather is colder, and everyone wants to keep warm and cosy. While it’s a great time to be snuggling up with your nearest and dearest, your skin is going to suffer.
The harsh winter conditions can play havoc on our gorgeous skin. You may be prone to dry, flaky skin. Your skin may look a little washed out due to the lack of sun. Keeping your skin hydrated and dewy in the winter can be tough. But, there are some great skin care tips that you can utilise. You’ll look fresh and pretty in no time!
1. Scrubs Will Be Your Best Friend Having a good, reliable facial scrub is vital during the winter months. As your skin may be prone to drying out, you need to rid your skin of these dead cells. Make sure that you invest in a vigorous scrub this winter. There are some excellent choices available. Make sure you get a scrub that compliments your skin. If you are prone to oily skin and breakouts, your skin may suffer from a crème-based scrub. You can also purchase scrubs with dermabrasion attachments. These are perfect for getting at the problem areas on one’s face. The creases in the nose and cheeks are more susceptible to dry skin. Make sure you are targeting these areas first.
2. Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise: It’s a Skin-Care Staple Okay, so everyone is aware of the importance of cleansing, toning and moisturising. But, you need to up your beauty game in the winter. Your skin will be suffering from a lack of hydration, so you need to rehydrate it as a matter of urgency. One of the most common winter months is that people don’t suffer from breakouts during the winter. This is untrue. Your skin can still be prone to breakouts and spots. So, investing a small amount of time in your skin care regimen is still vital in the winter months.
3. Mattifying Sunscreen: You Still Need It! Mattifying sunscreen and foundations are necessary. Ensure that your skin is the epitome of fresh and matter with this cheap makeup essential. You don’t have to spend a fortune on a good primer or mattifying sunscreen. Just ensure that your cosmetic bag has one. Primers and mattifying sunscreens can ensure that sallow, winter skin is plumped and rejuvenated. Winter skin is prone to looking tired and pale. Primers can ensure that your skin has that much-coveted youthful glow. What’s more, you will look positively radiant. The weather may be dull, but your skin doesn’t have to be.
4. Change Your Moisturiser Many of us choose to have lightly, whipped moisturisers during the summer. After all, you don’t want your skin to look like an oil slick in the hot summer heat. During the winter, however, you need to make sure that you are changing your moisturiser. Opt for a thicker, more developed cream. Cold cream is perfect for the winter months. It’s thick, indulgent and oil-based. This allows your skin to hydrate overnight.
Highly recommended for all dogs! Developed especially for short hair dogs, white dogs, dirty dogs.
Available in 3 scents (Essential oils)
1. Lemon Eucalyptus (Anti Flea Anti Tick)
2. Lavender Coconut (Moisturizing)
3. Bergamot Sage (Calming)
Being the owner of a short hair white dog for the past 9 years have taught me a lot about keeping him clean. White dog, like all other dogs, get dirty and require baths. If your dog is lucky enough to share your car, sofa, bed and home – this special All Natural Dirty Dog Shampoo Bar will change your life! It is created with drops of lemon eucalyptus essential oil to naturally repel fleas and ticks, blended with moisturizing gentle glycerin soap – handmade with love. Wash your dog regularly with this soap to keep his coat clean and his skin healthy and dandruff free. The coconut oil helps decrease seasonal shedding as well. Keep away from eyes. This is made of all human grade materials and is safe for human use as well.
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin), Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Oat Protein (conditioner), Essential Oils
#comeclean on IG
Albert Krigler first started blending perfumes with the rarest ingredients from all over the world in 1904. The legendary perfume house continues to live on through Albert Krigler’s great-great-grandson, Ben Krigler.
Champfleury 132 was first launched by Albert Krigler in 1913 and now Ben Krigler has revived this much-loved perfume for the modern age. “It is a truly timeless fragrance that never loses its charm, so I’m thrilled to bring it back and recreate a piece of my great-great-grandfather’s legacy,” says Ben Krigler.
The fresh and energetic notes of the fragrance pay homage to Champagne, France, the lush and magical place that creator, Albert Krigler, fell in love with throughout his travel in Europe. This timeless scent is a refreshing combination of citrus notes with a sophisticated woody finish.
Where to Purchase: www.krigler.com, The Plaza Hotel One West 58th Street NY, NY