The Makeup Show NYC makes its hometown return as the beauty industries largest pro event in the United States on May 6 th and 7 th . This year will feature the best in FX, fantasy, beauty, body paint, bridal, fashion, avant garde, air brush, and more! Attendees will learn how to build a better makeup kit, gain new tips for their career, meet makeup legends, shop pro-only rates at top beauty brands, and experience an event that brings artists from all over the world together.
A few of the highlights include:
Exclusive Beauty Brands: Attendees can shop pro-only prices from top beauty brands, including: Pat McGrath Labs, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Hourglass Cosmetics, Stila Cosmetics, NUDESTIX, Purlisse Beauty, Urban Decay Cosmetics, Guerlain, Malin + Goetz, Covergirl Cosmetics, and MORE! Including sponsors: Diamond Sponsor MAKE UP FOR EVER, Platinum Sponsor Crown Brush, Silver Sponsors KISS, Temptu, and Frends Beauty, Supporting Sponsors Smashbox, Alcone, INGLOT, and MustaeV and Contributing Sponsors Glamcor and Pinnacle Cosmetics.
Art Gallery: The Makeup Show will debut “Shades of Beauty” an art gallery where Danessa Myricks and Moshoodat Sanni — two of today’s most exciting and original voices — explore the relationship between makeup art and making art. Over 20 pieces will be on display!
Keynotes: A must for attendees, The Keynote & Business Forum is perfect for attendees to learn tips, tricks and techniques for career advancement. Some of
the industry greats will be highlighting a range of topics such as innovation, color and making your mark in this competitive industry.
- Bobbi Brown, Making Your Mark: Bobbi will share stories and experiences from her iconic career and inspire to find authenticity in our own artistry to make our own mark.
- Miss Fame, Beauty Mark: Making an Impact on Artistry: Join Miss Fame (Kurtis Dam-Mikkelsen) as he shares the story of what led him into the world of modeling and makeup. He will demonstrate his impeccable skills and secrets that go into his internationally recognized makeup applications. Watch as this master performs hiswork and witness the art of transformation.
- Timothy Hung, Artistry in Action: Timothy will showcase the visual components of color, form, line, shape, texture and value to take you from fundamentals to the fantastical. Watch and experience how an artist can use color and texture to elevate an application and showcase how two- dimensional ideas are adapted to three dimensional in an application.
- Hung Vanngo, Signature Style: Hung talks about his career and shares some thoughts on what you can do in your own career to make your mark. He will show you an application and bring you through the decision-making and product selection process.
- Moshoodat Sanni, Beyond Beauty: Moshoodat will share her story, her unique style, and her ability to use her influence to characterize her artistic talent to inspire artists to go beyond just being ordinary. She will talk about finding your muse, and discuss the importance of diversity and inclusivity in the industry.
- Roshar, Artistry and Innovation: Roshar will share his story, tell his secrets and show attendees one of his unforgettable makeups he has become known for.
- Jordan Liberty, Image and Influence: Jordan will discuss the importance of social media, share his advice on creating and capturing unforgettable images, and offer advice for those looking to take their career to the next level.
- An Artist Conversation with James Vincent, Kevin James Bennett, Jon Henessey, Sarah Lucero, Nicky Posley, and Kerri Blair: Join the panel of industry insiders as they discuss the effect of social media and the different options available to artist’s and offer opinion and advice on everything from rates, bookings, creating beauty, having a career with integrity and the important relationship between art and influence.
The Beauty Brunch: Attendees will have the opportunity to sip champagne, mingle and network with their fellow industry peers and industry insiders and celebrate the beauty business with brands, press and artists. On top of that, they will also get to take home a gift bag full of the pro community’s favorite products. The Beauty Brunch will be held Saturday, May 5th, 2018 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM.
Career Fair: Looking for a career in beauty? Guests will get face-to- face interviews and career tips from experts, plus the opportunity to learn what potential employers are looking for in portfolios and resumes and to network with industry executives, decision makers and experts. The Career Fair will be held Monday, May 7th from 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM.
Beauty Tour NYC: Finish off the weekend with no one other than James Vincent, The Makeup Show’s Director of Artistry and Education! On Tuesday, May 8th, 1:30 PM – 6:00 PM he will take attendees through a champagne fueled ride around Manhattan and make stops along the way at all of his favorite makeup haunts! Enjoy his first-hand knowledge and information on the ride and have an opportunity to visit, shop, meet the pros behind the brand, and leave with a goodie bag of some of James’ favorites.
The Makeup Show NYC is held on Sunday, May 6, 2018 from 9am to 6pm and on Monday, May 7, 2018 from 9am to 5pm at Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18 th Street, NYC.
For a complete schedule of Keynote Speakers as well as a list of participating brands, schedule of events and prices, please visit www.themakeupshow.com.