We moved from NY (Ranked worst 100th!) to Vegas (Ranked 9th best)! Check out this interesting facts about pet ownership below.
With National Homeless Animals Day approaching and nearly 80 million American households owning a pet today — an all-time high — WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2016’s Most Pet-Friendly Cities.
In order to identify the cities where our furry and slimy friends can enjoy the best quality of life without breaking our wallets, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the creature-friendliness of the 100 largest cities based on 19 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the minimum pet-care provider rate per visit to the number of pet businesses per capita.
Pet-Friendliness of New York (1=Best; 50=Avg.):
- 93rd – Veterinary Care Costs
- 100th – Dog Insurance Premium
- 91st – Number of Veterinarians per Capita
- 88th – Number of Pet Businesses per Capita
- 82nd – Number of Pet-Friendly Restaurants per Capita
- 76th – % of Pet-Friendly Hotels
- 24th – Number of Dog Parks per Capita
- 86th – Number of Animal Shelters per Capita
- 58th – Number of Pet Caretakers per Capita
For the full report, please visit: