Ridiculously easy butternut squash soup!
Over the past few weeks, I have gotten really into making soups – they are easy, delicious and perfect in this cold weather. This butternut squash and cinnamon recipe is so simple it could be whipped up in your sleep.
Packed with nutrients and flavour, this modest little recipe has become one of my favorite winter warmers.
This recipe serves 10, so plenty to share or to enjoy as leftovers.
You will need:
a chunk of butter
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large butternut squash (at least 2 1/2 lbs)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
5 cups chicken broth
1 -2 pinch cinnamon
sour cream, to garnish (Optional)
1. Cut the Butternut squash length ways in half and scoop out the seeds. Roast on a lightly oiled roasting pan for 40 to 45 minutes.
2. In the mean time, sautee the onion, ginger, and garlic in butter until soft.
3. Add the broth, simmer for ten minutes.
4.Take the squash out of the oven and add to the pan
5. Puree in a food processor/blender/mixing pot
6. Return to pan
7. Add the cream, salt pepper and cinnamon
8. Simmer until heated